Usability Testing / Trunk Test
• Rather than clicking on the down arrow provided, 2 out of 3 users continued to scroll down the home page.
• The hamburger menu was a helpful tool since all 3 users consistently clicked onto it to navigate the homepage/other pages.
• Circles at the side were a helpful ‘pagination’ for users.
• Portfolio layout and content were confusing because it did not indicate that the links were albums.
• Considering to change the header for the about section.
• Considering to place the contact form in the homepage > content section.
• Change the layout for the portfolio content to a more straightforward design but since I’m not planning to include the portfolio section, I will do this in my own time.
• I found the usability testing process to be helpful as it lets me step back and see the website through the eyes of the users. It also helps me to know what issues are to be resolved to provide effective user experience once I start building my website.